Sunday, October 12, 2008

FUNBRAIN!!

Funbrain (www.funbrain.com) is an awesome website for students of all ages. It provides games and activities for learning skills from every content area. One of the things that I like best is that it provides options for students up through grade 8. Many similar websites only deal with students up to grade 5. I played the multiplication baseball game, which my fourth graders would have loved! Many did not know their basic facts, so this would have been a fun way to practice. I also looked at some stuff for older kids. For eighth graders, there was a geography review that dealt with the U.S., different countries, or different continents, depending on the options you chose. I was having so much fun playing different games, that I hadn't even realized that I was on the site for more than an hour! Another great thing about this site is that for each game, students can choose their level. This allows the practice to be at their intellectual level, and also provides a way for students to challenge themselves with higher levels. Funbrain can be provided as an option for all students in the class to use so there is no stigma associated with it.

No comments: